Saia PCD® S-Energy Manager
System Catalogue : Control Panels HMI
|Extract||26-215_A0200||System Catalogue : Control Panels HMI|
SBC S-Energy 5.7" PCD7.D457E
|Flyer||PP26-522||SBC S-Energy 5.7" PCD7.D457E|
|DE05 - sheets||5.36 MB||Download|
|EN05 - sheets||5.37 MB||Download|
|FR05 - sheets||5.32 MB||Download|
|IT05 - sheets||5.17 MB||Download|
|NO05 - sheets||5.32 MB||Download|
PCD7.D457ET7F - SBC S-Energy-Manager 5.7"
|Datasheet||PP26-514||PCD7.D457ET7F - SBC S-Energy-Manager 5.7"|
S-Energy Manager PCD7.D457ET7F
|Technical Info||PP26-535||S-Energy Manager PCD7.D457ET7F|
S-Energy-Manager 10.4" PCD7.D410ET7F
|Technical Info||PP26-524||S-Energy-Manager 10.4" PCD7.D410ET7F|
Install Guide for the S-Monitoring
|Flyer||PP26-526||Install Guide for the S-Monitoring|
S-Energy Manager Step®7 PCD7.D457E
|Manual||26-884||S-Energy Manager Step®7 PCD7.D457E|
S-Energy Manager new functions
|Flyer||S-Energy Manager new functions|
EPLAN product macros, DWG and DXF files can be found here.
Current official production firmware for S-Energy Manager
|Firmware||Current official production firmware for S-Energy Manager|
Firmware for the I/O board of the S-Energy Manager (1.00.14, June 10)
|Firmware||Firmware for the I/O board of the S-Energy Manager (1.00.14, June 10)|
Tools and software
"Easyinstall EM" for updating the Energy Manager firmware and Web application
|Software||"Easyinstall EM" for updating the Energy Manager firmware and Web application|
Note that the firmware 1.18.07.xx or higher must be installed first.
Package does include the FW 1.20.45 and the web editor project 2.02.29
How to use the Easyinstall EM package
|Info||How to use the Easyinstall EM package|
"S-Energy Report" tool to read reports from the Energy Manager and S-Monitoring
|Software||"S-Energy Report" tool to read reports from the Energy Manager and S-Monitoring|
The S-WebEditor_5 project for the Energy Manager used in production
|Software||The S-WebEditor_5 project for the Energy Manager used in production|
Was developed with S-Web Editor 5 and can be imported to S-Web Editor 8
Good to know
The differences between firmware version 1.16.08 and 1.18.07.04 are listed in FAQ 101634.
The differences between the S-Energy Report tool 1.0.003 and 1.0.006 are listed in FAQ 101714.
In the "Easyinstall EM" package 1.06 the correct firmware (1.18.07) is delivered while it was 1.18.06 in version 1.05.
The differences between firmware version 1.16.08 and 1.16.08.02 are listed in FAQ 101579.
The firmware can be downloaded using the free S-Online Tools available on page for PG5 Suite.
There is an IPhone App for browsing the S-Energy Manager (downloadable with ITunes, search for "senergy").
PCD7 / Dxxx Terminals
Micro Browser Monochrome Display contrast changes (FAQ #100718)
When updating the Micro Browser Firmware to version 10701, the contrast settings in the monochrome panels PCD7.D457BTCF and PCD7.D457BMCF have to be changed. You'll have to increase the contrast for several steps.
With the new Firmware version we had to change the contrast adjustment on the Hardware and Firmware side to avoid any whistle (noise) and waves appearances.
Please note: The tone and brightness of each MB-Panel display is an individual characteristic and can be slightly different from one display to the other. At some contrast settings or with some images, flickering or differences in the brightness levels may appear.
On Microbrowser panels with harware version <$C it is not possible to store teq- and gif-files on the panel. (FAQ #100576)
If you are using a Microbrowser panel with HW-Version <$C you have to download all teq- and gif-files to the PCD.
PCD7.D7__ Ethernet Driver: error in commande function! (FAQ #100337)
When using the commande function which allows for example the writing of the hardware clock from PLC to Terminal PCD7.D7-- over Ethernet connection the 2 first words are swapped.
Normally the 1st word 0 contains the command the VT has to carry out and the 3 others word contain the parameters. This works well in S Bus driver but with Ether S Bus the two first words are swapped.
This means it is so with this error:
Word 0 is Parameter 1
Word 1 is commande
Word 2 is Parameter 2
Word 3 is Parameter 3
In order to solve that problem the attached file vtwindev.dbr has to be copied in the main directory PCD8.D81W software, this will replace the existing file.
Fkeys don't work on PCD7.D16_ with HMI editor! (FAQ #100175)
The FKeys flags available in HMI Editor (in Tag Internals) don't work on the PCD7.D16_.
Because those flags have a double functionality, they don't work for those small displays. It is necessary to use a bigger display as PCD7.D231 or PCD7.D232 in order to have this FKeys functionality!
PCD7 / D4xxE (Energy Manager)
Is there a buzzer on all MB Panels? (FAQ #101936)
No, only some of the MB Panels does have a internal buzzer.
Only the MB panel with a 66 MHz processor are equipped with a buzzer, the 244 MHz processor MP panel do not have a buzzer!
How to use the internal buzzer:
With the internal variable "uBT_AlarmStart" it is possible to use for example the MB Panel buzzer to indicate an alarm.
What are the maximum energy consumption values for Energy meters and Energy Managers/ E-controllers? (FAQ #101899)
Where is the counting limit for Energy meters and Energy Managers/ E-controllers?
What happens when they reach the limit?
The maximum energy consumption value for all counters is 9’999’999.
When a counter reaches this value, it will start counting with 0.
In the Energy Manager and in the E-Controller, the energy consumption value is handled in the firmware.
In runtime, the firmware detects only negative values.
A lower positive value is only detected during a reboot.
In this case, a counter change message appears.
Now you have two possibilities:
You can do a manually reset of the counter value to 0.
That means you have to reject the proposed action on the user interface of the device.
=> A new file is created with a higher index by the firmware.
The history bar charts are lost and the visualization starts to redraw from the current day.
2:Anyway the firmware counts internally with floating point values.
The second possibility is to accept the appeared proposal from firmware.
=> The history bar charts stays, but the values on the counter and on the user interface aren’t the same anymore.
How to license the S-Web Editor without PG5? (FAQ #101728)
In case the PG5 Control Suite is not installed the S-Web Editor has to be licensed by copying the file "user.key" into a specific folder. This FAQ contains a procedure for licensing the S-Web Editor without PG5.
Please follow the procedure below in order to install an license your copy of the S-Web Editor.
- Install the S-Web Editor
The installer can be downloaded from the support site or is available on the DVD of the PG5 Controls Suite in the folder
\PG5 Stand Alone\S-Web Editor\
- Create the following folder manually and copy your "USER.key" to this folder:
For Windows XP:
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Saia-Burgess\PG5_20\LocalDir\USER.key
For Windows 7:
- Please execute the executable "RegKey52.exe" from the installation directory of the S-Web Editor:
c:\Program Files\SAIA-Burgess\PG5_20\Web Editor 5_xx_xx\RegKey52.exe
After having executed these steps the WebEditor is licensed according your User.key file.
- Install the S-Web Editor
What are the differences between the S-Energy Report tool 1.0.003, 1.0.006 and 1.0.014? (FAQ #101714)
The freeware tool "S-Energy Report" reads the energy data stored by an S-Energy Manager PCD7.D4xxE and writes the data to prepared Excel template sheets.
The freeware tool "S-Energy Report" reads the energy data stored by an S-Energy Manager PCD7.D4xxE and writes the data to prepared Excel template sheets:
The list below provides information about the differnces between the versions of the S-Energy Report versions
Version 1.0.014 (August 2014)
- Support http password mechanism for new firmware / S-Monitoring projects (service key can not be used)
- Fix connection test functionality (did not alway work)
- Avoid the possibility that the user enters ftp://... as S-energy Data Collector address
- Changed Autoscale mode to GDI (was font, caused problems with screen resolution 125%)
- Changed default value for TCP Timeout to from 5 to 15s
- Fix default address for demo (http://w1-vch-em1.pcd-demo.com)
- Add support of old device PCD7.D457V7
- Update help
- Signed setup
Version 1.0.006 (January 2012)
- Improved the templates delivered together with the tool:
- The worksheets of the Microsoft Excel templates are now named by the
name of the counter (and no longer by its bus address)
- The misleading date below the sheet title is removed
- The labels of the columns are improved
- The dates of the reports was shifted by one day compared to the original dates of the S-Energy Manager
First version released in 2011.
When installing the new version of the S-Energy Report the Excel templates can be installed optionally; if this is done modifications made to the old templates are overwritten.
- Improved the templates delivered together with the tool:
Why does my S-Energy Manager only show "page not found"? (FAQ #101702)
Durint the period of October until December 2011 the S-Energy Managers PCD7.D475E shipped were not correctly configured, leading to the fact that the device was not functional out of the box.
After powering on the S-Energy Manager the screen stays white and "File not found: start.html" is displayed.
PCD7.D457ET7F shipped from Murten between October 2011 (calendar week 45) and December 2011 (calendar week 48).
The configuration can be corrected manually by correcting the start page of the configuration of the web connection.
- Power on the S-Energy Manager
- Enter the setup menu by pressing any point of the screen during ca. 5 seconds
- Navigate to "Web Connection" --> "Start Page"
- Enter “EnergyManager.html” (overwrite "start.html")
- Navigate back to the appliation and choose "Save settings"
How to change the "Listener Port" of the Web Server of the Energy Manager? (FAQ #101693)
Sometimes it is needed to change the listener port of a web server. If this is required for an Energy Manager (PCD7.D4xxE), e.g. in case a port forwarding on a router is to be configured, this can be realized by the use of a configuration file.
A port forwarding needs to be configured on a router without port translation, then the webservers listener port has to be changed according to the port forwarding on the router.
We recommend changing only the second listener port of the web server on the Energy Manger, otherwise the Energy Manager doesn't find his own web project. This can be done by loading a "WEBSocketConfig.txt" file into the folder "INTFLASH/CONFIG" of the Enegy Manager's file system.
See the attached file for an example configuration file.
For old firmware versions change "CmdPort" to "PrioPort"
What are the differences between S-Energy Manager image 1.06 and 1.08? (FAQ #101634)
In January 2012 a new image and firmware for the S-Energy Manager has been released. This FAQ lists the main differences between these versions.
S-Energy Manager image 1.08 (January 2012)
- Firmware version 1.18.07.04
- The auto-scaling of the live trend was not working with firmware 1.18.07
- A "phase error" on one phase of a counter caused an error indication or all
- After a "Restore to default" not all parameters were correctly restored
- S-Web Editor project version 2.01.07
- Some html tags were not correcly displayed when viewing the Web project
on Chinese PCs
- Application running inside the Manager version 1.08.02
- Print works again after a “Save config”Support of printing reports
S-Energy Manager image 1.06 (September 2011)
- Firmware version 1.18.07
- Support of the "Easy Install tool" for updating the application
and S-Web Editor project
- Support of printing reports (if the IP of a printer is configured
and the printer supports the protocol PCL 5c or PCL 6)
- Possibility of measuring energy over pulse inputs of the S-Energy Manager
- Reset "min / max" sets to current value (before always to '0')
- Default size for heap1 and heap2 decrease to 512kB each (before it was 768kB)
- Reduced amount of external font files to a maximum of 24
Firmware version 1.16.37 (July 2011)
At this time no image version was released.
- The amount of groups has been increased to 32 with 64 members each
- The display of the month February has been corrected
- Corrected change of months
- Automatical display of the first found S-Bus address after a reboot
- Corrected calculation of group energy consumptions
- Firmware version 1.18.07.04
What is the S-Bus address of my S-Energy Manager? (FAQ #101633)
By default the S-Energy manager (PCD7.D4xxE) does have the S-Bus address 2 as written in the manual.
Can I change the S-Bus address of the S-Energy Manager?
Yes, the S-Bus address is equal to the MPI address of the MPI connection; by changing this address the S-Bus address can be defined:
What is the difference between firmware 1.16.08 and 1.16.08.02? (FAQ #101579)
The firmware for the S-Energy Manager (PCD7.D4xxE) 1.16.08.02 has been introduced into production in February 2011. The modifications between the 1.16.08 and the new firmware are only relevant for the production of the 10" version (at SBC) and no modifications relevant for the user were added.
Is the "full duplex" mode supported by the Ethernet ports of a PCD? (FAQ #101365)
Since summer 2010 the PCD3 family (PCD3.M2xxx, PCD3.M3xxx, PCD3.M5xxx and PCD3.M6xxx) do support the "full-duplex mode" and Auto-MDIX on the Ethernet port.
The PCD systems PCD1.M2, PCD2.M5 and the PCD3.T665/665 as well as the MB Panels PCD7.D4xx do support the "full-duplex mode" and Auto-MDIX since the first hardware version.
The easiest way to detect wheter a PCD3 features the full duplex mode as well as Auto-MDIX is checking whether the RJ45 plug is equipped with LEDs. If it is, the PCD supports the full duplex mode as well as the Auto-MDIX feature (auto-crossing the signals).
In detail the following hardware version or later are required in order to support full duplex and Auto-MDIX:
- The PCD3.M3xxx, PCD3.M5xxx and PCD3.M6xxx since hardware F.
- The PCD3.M2x30A4T1 and PCD3.M2x30A4T3 since hardware B.
- The PCD3.M2x30A4T5 since hardware C.
Before these hardware versions the PHY which was mounted on the PCD3.M3xxx, PCD3.M5xxx and PCD3.M6xxx CPUs was configured by hardware to work in half-duplex mode and not to support Auto-MDIX. As result, the half duplex mode was used even if the partner device was configured in auto negation mode and the port should be initialized in full duplex mode.
This was the case on all PCD3.M3xxx and PCD3.M5xxx up to hardware version E 4.
- With "half-duplex": The data throughput is not devided by two because of this configuration as the limiting factor is not the the full/half duplex mode of the ethernet interface but rather the time it takes for the PCD to treat the received telegrams. The data throughput of the whole network is not affected either, since the next switch/hub will have an own port configuration for every port used (so on one port half-duplex can be used, and on another port full duplex can be used at the same time).
- If the Auto-MDIX is supported it is not necessary to use a crossover cable for directly connecting e.g. a PC to a PCD, or a MB Panel to a PCD.