Information for the RMA proces: Return of defective items
SBC products continuously perform at a very high level of reliability and as a result we are seeing a significant decrease in the need for test and repair service. In fact, 99% of these cases can be resolved by replacement/upgrade to our current product portfolio, eliminating the need to repair the old products.
We have therefore made the decision to discontinue repair service for all partners effective immediately. We remain committed to the proven reliability of our products. If you have any questions regarding this issue, please contact your sales representative.
You will still have the option to return products for troubleshooting or replacement within the warranty period. However, we ask that you follow the procedure below and the RMA terms and conditions when returning products.
1. Return requests for defective products must be made within the warranty period applicable to the relevant products.
- Please note: Phased-out products will only be accepted up to 5 (five) years from the phase-out date.
- Products will not be accepted outside of the applicable warranty period or if the warranty has been invalidated for any reason.
2. Fill out the RMA form which is available at the bottom of this page. Send the RMA form to the regional SBC Customer Excellence (CX) team email@example.com providing a completed RMA form, referencing the original Sales Order number.
3. Upon receiving an RMA number you will be advised on how to proceed:
- Advanced replacement:
If you require an advanced replacement product before returning the defective unit, SBC will provide a chargeable advanced replacement.
- Defective item in warranty, with a return:
You will be asked to return the unit to SBC. If the investigations proves that SBC is liable for the defect then you will be issued with a credit note. If SBC is not liable then you will be asked if you wish to have the unrepaired unit returned.
- Defective item in warranty, without a return:
You will be asked to destroy the defective unit and provide BMS with a certificate of destruction (COD), you will receive a credit as soon as the COD is provided.
- Request for test or analysis:
Please return the defective product to SBC for a test or analysis investigation report (no 8D report will be provided). If the investigations proves that SBC is liable for the defect then you will be issued with a credit note. If SBC is not liable then you will be asked if you wish to have the unrepaired unit returned.
- Defective item in warranty for a product with license:
Licences are transferred. Please see above “Defective item in warranty, with a return” and “Defective item in warranty, without a return”.
- Phased out but in warranty:
Please see above “Defective item in warranty with a return” and “Defective item in warranty without a return”.
- Phased out, no longer under warranty:
You will be asked to either return the defective unit to SBC, or to destroy the defective unit and to provide SBC with a certificate of destruction (COD). SBC has replacement stock available for up to 5 years after the phase out date and if units remain available after this time they can still be ordered, otherwise customer must order a new product which will be invoiced as normal.
- For incorrect order processing: Honeywell will collect from the customer.
- For incorrect product shipped by our warehouse: Honeywell will collect from the customer.
- For Warranty (faulty product): the Customer is responsible for the return shipment to Honeywell.
- For a commercial return (no longer required): the Customer is responsible for the return shipment to Honeywell.
SBC does not accept the return of contaminated products, please ensure all items for return have been disinfected and cleaned before shipping, providing a decontamination document describing the methods used for doing so in your written request.
Failure to do this may result in SBC returning products uninspected or you being requested to collect them, both at your expense. If this is not possible we will destroy the products and invoice for any associated costs.
SBC only accepts product RMA requests for its products and only from approved Partners.
We would ask that you only return the fault product, please do not return all cables and accessories.
The RMA Form can be loaded from this web-page, the Certificate of Destruction templates from the regional SBC Customer Excellence (CX) teams.
RMA process timing guidelines:
The actual RMA process timeline depends on each individual case. However, in general the following processing target times are considered (transfer times not included):
- - 2 days for units passing through the BMS warehouse in Germany.
- - Additional 5 days for units forwarded to BMS manufacturing sites for a physical inspection and investigation.
- - Additional 10-15 days for units forwarded to an external supplier for investigation.
Contact addresses of the regional SBC Customer Excellence (CX) teams:
- BMS EMEA XC RMA SBC: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any queries regarding our RMA process please contact your regional CX team.
Points to consider when returning devices
Each return of devices require an RMA number (RMA = Return Material Authorization)
This number identifies your returning goods at our receiving.
Without this number, no returns will be accepted.
Procedure for returning devices:
1. Do fill a "Form for returned goods" which is available in serveral languages below of this text.
Multiple devices can be recorded on the same form.
2. Send the form/s to:
3. You receive from us with e-mail a "RMA Form" which contains the following information:
- - RMA number
- - Customer Information
- - A list of all modules contained in your "Form for returned goods"
- - Description of the next steps
4. If SBC has informed you, that you need to send back the devices, send the devices, the "Form for returned goods" and the "RMA Form"
Return address Swiss customers:
Saia-Burgess Controls AG
Route Jo-Siffert 4
Return address for UK customers:
Honeywell Distribution Centre
Pioneer 210, Pioneer Business Park
Ellesmere Port CH65 1AQ
Return address for all other customers:
SBC Deutschland GmbH
Good to know:
The forms can be filled in with acrobat reader, if you want to store them you need either a full version of acrobat or a free/shareware alternative like foxitreader.
Please do not forget to provide an error description, that allows to understand why the module is returned. A description like "module defective" is not enough, we need to know what did not fulfill your expectations from a technical point of view.
Products that are no longer repaired:
The PLC technology is known for long product live cycles, and we ensure a repair service for 5 year after the phase out of a product. After 30 years in the PLC business, we have got modules that are not longer repaired. Before returning an old product, please consult the list provided here. If your product is on the list, no repair service is available anymore, but we can in some cases provide replacement module in limited quantities. Please contact your local sales company to check the availability of such a replacement module.