Important remark when updating the PCD firmware from 1.10.xx or 1.14.xx to 1.16.xx/1.20.xx
Please read this FAQ in case you are updating the firmware from a PCD to 1.10.xx or 1.14.xx to 1.16.xx/1.20.xx(e.g. from 1.10.51 to 1.20.xx).
Before updating the firmware from your PCD from a version 1.10.xx or 1.14.xx to 1.16.xx/1.20.xx, please read the following points
- When updating the firmware of the PCD from a version 1.10.xx or 1.14.xx to 1.16.xx/1.20.xx the content of the memory is lost (user program inclusive backup, hardware configuration, register, flags etc.).
The reason for this loss of memory is that the memory structure has been changed in order to allow more flags.
- In order to avoid the loss of any data, please "upload all" before updating the firmware (for that you can "download all" after updating the firmware.
- Note that you'll need the USB port after the update (as your S-Bus address might be gone).
- Alternatively, you can also copy the user program to flash and upload the content of the media before the update (e.g. with the "Quick Data Transfer).
In this case the program and the hardware configuration will be restored from flash after updating the firmware (for going online and downloading the media content after the FW update).
- PCD3 systems with hardware older than "D" (and PCD3.M3020 and PCD3.M3120 with hardware older than E48) can not be updated to firmware version 1.14.xx or later because these platforms are not equipped with enough memory to hold the firmware 1.14.xx. In case a FW 1.14.xx or more recent is loaded to one of these systems, the PCD will remain in the boot loader state after the download of the FW (in this state, a 1.10.xx can be loaded again).
- All PCD2.M5 systems can be equipped with a firmware 1.14. and more recent.
PCD3 / Mxxx
PCD2 / M5xxx
Last update: 31.05.2015 21:54
First release: 29.11.2010 15:38