How to downgrade a TCP/IP module from PCD7.F655 into a PCD7.F650/1/2?
If you want to downgrade a TCP/IP module from PCD7.F655 into a PCD7.F650/1/2 you have first to update the EEPROM of the PCD7.F655 before downgrading it. This update of the EEPROM is done for backwards compatibility reasons.
If you don't re-initialize the EEPROM of the PCD7.F655 before doing the downgrade, the TCP/IP stack will not boot on the next power up. The attached PG5 program runs a special CSF and initializes correctly the EEPROM of the PCD7.F655 TCP/IP module. Afterwards, the downgrade can be executed.
Please follow the below listed steps when downgrading a TCP/IP module from PCD7.F655 into a PCD7.F650/1/2:
- Restore the linked PG5 program in the PG5 programming unit.
- Set the "Hardware Settings" of the CPU regarding your local IP settings of the PCD and download them.
- Build the application and download it into the PCD.
- Then run the program that initializes the EEPROM of the PCD7.F655 correctly.
- Now, you can start the downgrade procedure into a TCP/IP module PCD7.F650/1/2 with the *.blk file as described in FAQ #100562
PCD7 / Fxxx
Last update: 13.05.2015 15:27
First release: 05.12.2006 14:20