It’s possible to connect more than 8 MP-Bus devices on a MP-bus line (F180 or F280/F280 card)?
Yes, it’s possible to connect up to 16 MP-Bus devices per MP-Bus line and the PCD supports the MP-Bus light protocol.
Belimo has enhanced the functionality of the MP-Bus in that way that, in some conditions, it’s possible to connect up to 16 devices on the same MP-Bus.
The devices which support this feature are named MPL/MPX or/and Belimo MP-Bus light.
SBC has adapted the Belimo PG5 FBox library to support up to 16 devices per MP-Bus line.
On Fupla, on the FBox selector window the FBox which supports the address range 1 to 16 are selectable from the category ‘MP-Bus’, ‘MPX Devices 1- 16’.
This means, that a PCD could handle up to 128 Belimo devices, if on all 8 possible MB-Bus lines of the PCD, only MPX devices would be connected.
MP and MPX Addressing
The 16-address feature was introduced since the library version 2.7.527
The Duplex Driver Fbox for the PCD2.T500 module supports only the MP address range (1-8).
The Single Driver Fbox supports the MP address range (1-8) as well as the MPX range (1-16) by respecting the following rules.
- You can use addresses up to 16 if you have only MPX devices on the MP-Bus.
- You can mix up old MP and new MPX devices as long as all devices are in the address range 1 to 8.
- You can use 2 buses, one for the old MP devices (1-8), One for new MPX devices (1-16)
- If more then 8 (up to 16) devices should be connected on a MP-Bus line, then only MPX devices can be used on this the MP-Bus line.
- You cannot mix up old MP devices with new MPX devices using addresses in range 9 to 16 on the same bus.
- In other words, as long as one old MP device is on the bus the address range is limited to 1-8.
PCD2 / Fxxx
PCD3 / Fxxx
Communication / MP-Bus (Belimo)
Last update: 15.02.2018 15:08
First release: 15.02.2018 15:00