My FBox Builder does not start...
While launching the FBox Builder the validity of the license for PG5 (and for the FBox Builder) is checked. If this validation fails, the FBox Builder cannot be started.
When launching the FBox Builder, its splash screen is shown with the message "Invalid or missing USER.KEY file".
After several seconds this splash screen disappears but the FBox Builder is not launched.
The reason for this behaviour is that the FBox Builder could not identify a valid User.key file. This could be the case if
- PG5 1.4 is not installed at all.
- During the installation of the FBox Builder a wrong path to the PG5 has been provided.
- The path to the PG5 is missing an ending back slash in the registry (this should actually not occur but has been reported by few customers)
In case PG5 is not installed at all, please install it (the FBox Builder can only be used together with PG5 as it accesses essential parts of it).
For point 2 and 3 of the list above the following correction can be applied:
- Open the Windows Registry Editor by clicking the Windows Start menu and selecting "Run...". In the appearing window, type in "regedit" and click "OK"
- In the Windows Registry Editor, browse to
- On the right side of the Registry Editor, check for the string value "PG5Application" and make sure it has the value:
C:\Program Files\SAIA-Burgess\PG5 1_4\
Or wherever you have installed your PG5. Make sure the path is ended by a trailing back slash "\" ! In case this back slash is missing, append it.
- Close the Registry Editor and launch the FBox Builder.
PG5 2.0 / FBox Builder
Last update: 26.05.2015 03:40
First release: 20.06.2007 13:00