The requested software / document is no longer marketed by Saia-Burgess Controls AG and without technical support. It is an older software version which can be operated only on certain now no longer commercially available products.
State of the product MotionX (FAQ #100589)
Years ago a commissioning tool for some motion modules (e.g. PCD2.H32x) has been developped and was set to the beta phase. Due to a lack of interest and feedback from the market this tool was never officialized and is not supported any more.
What was MotionX?
The software packet MotionX (PCD8.H50000E) has been created for commissioning complex motion modules such as the PCD2.H32x. The software was designed to support the user to find e.g. the optimal PID settings by visualizing graphs of recorded units such as acceleration, speed etc.
Another feature was a code generator for moving the concerned axis without writing all the initialisations by hand.
Why was MotionX never officialized?
The following reasons were conclusive for the decision not to officialize MotionX:
- During the beta phase which was extended to several years only very little customers were interested in this product (Very weak demand).
- Since the use of the software did also influence the performance of the PCD itself many customers prefered to optimize their installation by the use of an oscilloscope instead of MotionX.
- The usage of the software was rather complicated. The feature to generate code was only used by few beta testers.
- The low demand did not justify the effort to officialize the software.
Can MotionX still be used as "unofficial" software?
Since MotionX was never realized it is not maintained any more and therefore it is not compatible with the latest PG5 versions. It is only compatible with PG5 1.2. This leads to the fact that it can not be used in parallel to a recent version of PG5 (which was the initial aim and target). We therefore don't recommend to use this tool any more.
How to commission a H-module then?
We recommend finding/adapting the motion parameters of a motion module/system by the use of an oscilloscope which is connected to the output of the module. The resulting graphs can be interpreted in the same way as the ones created by MotionX and are more exact.
PCD7.D7__ Ethernet Driver: error in commande function! (FAQ #100337)
When using the commande function which allows for example the writing of the hardware clock from PLC to Terminal PCD7.D7-- over Ethernet connection the 2 first words are swapped.
Normally the 1st word 0 contains the command the VT has to carry out and the 3 others word contain the parameters. This works well in S Bus driver but with Ether S Bus the two first words are swapped.
This means it is so with this error:
Word 0 is Parameter 1
Word 1 is commande
Word 2 is Parameter 2
Word 3 is Parameter 3
In order to solve that problem the attached file vtwindev.dbr has to be copied in the main directory PCD8.D81W software, this will replace the existing file.
Software (except PG5) / PCD8_D81W
PCD7.D761 displays a black screen, it has lost the calibration! (FAQ #100823)
The display has a frozen screen (can be black if in standby mode) and can't be operated. After a powerup the project's start page is displayed but the touch screen doesn't respond, because the calibration has been lost!
The firmware (PCD7.D761) needs to be updated! The firmware update is done when downloading the project to the panel when the option "Update operating unit firmware" is activated.
If the display can't be forced in transfer mode (download mode) it might be necessary first to recalibrate it as explain in FAQ 100868 (see link below).
Use the latest PCD8.D81W 5.18 version which contains the newest FW!
If you haven't le possibility to use this version and you have the version 5.12 you can also add the new Fw in attachment. So, please execute the following steps:
- Download the files attached to this FAQ and unzip the archives.
- Copy the firmware files "VT155W.BIN" into the following folder:
- Open the VTWIN project, compile it again and download it to the panel and active the download option "Update operating unit firmware".
- When the download has finished, after a powerup of the panel, please verify that the new firmware version is: 1.13.
New: Use the actual programming tool version PCD8.D81W V 5.18 which contains already the new firmware version. So no need to copy the fw files in attachment!
PCD7.D761 / D763 loses communication on Profi S-Bus! (FAQ #100477)
On a Profi S-Bus network when PCD7.D76_ terminals are connected to PCD3.Mxxx or PCD2.M480 PLC's over Profi S-Bus, the terminal loses the communication after some time and get even frozen. This problem is corrected in the new boot, FW and driver. The PCD8.D81 V 5.09 is needed , the attached files have to be copied in it (see procedure below).
It is also necessary to update the PCD3.Mxxx and PCD2.M480 FW with the version PCD3.Mxxx_023.blk / PCD2.M480_$27 or newer! Ask the PCD technical support or your representation for it!
Attached you can find the new boots, firmwares and driver that resolve the problem with the Profi-S-Bus network.
The booter file " BT155MTF" and BT525MTF have to be copied in the following folder
C:\Program Files\SAIA\PCD8.D81W 5.09\Boot
and the files "VT155W.BIN, VT155VW.BIN, VT525W.BIN and sbus_IC.BIN in the folder
C:\Program Files\SAIA\PCD8.D81W 5.09\firmware.
After files replacement download the new boot to the PCD7.D761 (VT155W) or PCD7.D763 (VT 525W)
with the tool BOOT update in (menu: Tool / Boot update / automatic) the password is 371013.
Note: All PCD7.D761/D763 produced after the 24-11-2005 have already the new boot
PCD7.D761 Boot V 2.5
PCD7.D763 Boot V 3.6
The booter version is visible during the programme download, in the PCD8.D81W Download window!
Finally download the project with the new firmware into the display.
NEWS: In the latest version PCD8.D81W V 5.12 contains all thoses updated FWs, drivers and boots! Ask the technical support or your representation for it!
How to convert variables from S-Bus to Ether S-Bus driver when changing terminal type? (FAQ #100461)
It is possible to convert all the variable from a S-Bus driver to Ether S-Bus driver if an existing project has to be used on another terminal type (e.g. PCD7.D786 convert to PCD7.D786ET)!
Hereby the procedure to convert your project from VT585W (PCD7.D786) rev 4 to VT585WB ETH (PCD7.D786ET) in order to save the addresses of the project variable when you change the driver from SBC S-bus to SBC Ethernet S-bus:
1. Open the project and move the SBC S-bus driver from ASP to MSP.
2. Convert the panel from VT585W rev 4 to VT585WB ETH.
3. Drug and drop the driver SBC Ethernet S-bus to the Ethernet port.
4. Open project editor (double click on the VT icon).
5. Expot variables into CSV format file (menu: Tools / Export to file Variables)
6. Run Excel and open the CSV file
7. Change the name of the source device name into SBC:Ether-S-Bus_a (default name in VTWIN project)
8. Save and close the CSV file
9. Import the CSV file in your project (menu: Tools / Import from file Variables)
10. The source device of the variables has changed.
11. Adjust the addresses of the memory areas (if it is used and necessary)
12. Compile the project
13. Close the project editor
14. Delete the driver SBC S-bus from the MSP
15. Save the project
Import of global Saia PG5® symbols into VTWIN (PCD8.D81W)! (FAQ #100421)
Since the version V5.07, it is possible to import the global symbols from a Saia PG5® project. Because the online help doesn't explain the import procedure correctly, you can find a corrected version attached to this FAQ!
If you need an update of your VTWIN version to this beta version, please contact your local Saia-Burgess Controls AG representative.
The beta version 5.09 is now available!
How to insert special characters in VTWIN-Software? (FAQ #100329)
If you would like to insert special characters like "é", "ö", "@", etc. in field "Multilanguage label" just press "F12" and a character table will apear.